With more than 14 years of design and construction experience, Christie Rice brings a wealth of knowledge to S.L. Leonard & Associates’ client’s projects.
After starting her professional career with two years as a structural engineer at KPFF consulting engineers in Los Angeles, she spent five years as an owners’ representative for the El Camino Community College District. Her assignments included Central Plant Facility, Campus Site Infrastructure Upgrades and Electrical/Data Campus-Wide Conversion project designed and procured in five phases ($45 million project budget), Math Business Allied Health building ($40 million project budget), Shops building ($35 million project budget), Parking Structure and Athletic Fields with Street Improvements and Traffic Signal Installation ($30 million project budget), Social Science Renovation ($6 million project budget), and Humanities Plaza and Food Service building ($2.5 million project budget).
Other projects Christie has worked on as an owners’ representative include:
- Faraday Future Electric Car Manufacturing Facility: State-of-the-art $1 billion facility on a 940 acre site with a total building area of 3.3 million square feet.
- Tiffany & Company flagship stores in Beverly Hills, Vancouver, British Columbia and Waikiki: Project Management for multiple open-store renovations within 20,000 square feet retail space. Led the procurement of all Owner-Furnished Items sourced globally and managed the logistics of commodities to arrive onsite for construction to meet schedule.
- Porsche Cars North America: Project Management for a $50 Million+ LEED certified, 50-acre ground-up development over former landfill. Worked with Department of Toxic Substances Control to mitigate environmental concerns. Development included a driver experience track and a 50,000 square foot building housing an automotive shop for Porsche Motorsports, offices, restaurants and a driver education center
- Burberry flagship store in San Francisco: Managed the closeout process for punch list and final change order negotiations
- British Consulate in Century City, CA: Project management and relocation management for the Los Angeles British Consulate office in a Class A office building
- Verint Systems in Santa Clara, CA: Project management and relocation management for new corporate office headquarters
Christie has a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks and a Master of Engineering, Structural Engineering degree from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks. She is a licensed California Professional Engineer and California Real Estate Salesperson. Christie was selected for a 40 under 40 Inspiring & Innovative Professionals award in 2016 by the Pacific Coast Business Times.