Dennis has over 20 years experience in representing owners and developers in new and renovation construction and development projects. He understands processes from the point of view of owners and developers, and is experienced with acquisition, entitlement and managing teams of architects and contractors.
Some of his recent projects where he served as Owner’s Representative or Project Manager are:
- Managing multiple projects for a total value of over $80 million for 321 units under contract, processing for entitlements or constructed.
- Project Manager for a 50,000 square foot public school campus. Oversaw acquisition, entitlement, Department of Education and Division of State Architect approvals, procuring and managing architectural and contractor services.
- Owner’s Representative & Project Manager responsible for design, permitting, loan closing and construction of an $18 million 51 unit condominium project.
- Managed consultants, contractors, loan closing, loan draws, tenant improvements and lease-up for the construction of a $48 million neighborhood shopping center. Worked closely with owners, leasing agents and tenants to complete work on time and budget.
- Owner’s Representative & Project Manager responsible for entitlement, design, loan closing and construction for a $10 million project remodeling a nine acre neighborhood shopping center in the City of Los Angeles, increasing the leasable area by over 20,000 square feet and yearly net income by $1.2 million while insuring existing business operations function successfully.
- Project Manager creating teams of architects, engineers, contractors, and leasing agents to design, entitle and lease seven shopping centers and one mixed-use site in Palm Desert, Los Angeles, Fillmore, Agoura Hills, Ventura, Nipomo, Arroyo Grande, and San Luis Obispo, California.
- Supervised consultants and prepared comprehensive due diligence, feasibility and economic analysis for land and income property buyers and sellers in Arizona and California.
- Performed due diligence duties for a public agency building acquisition and a housing authority land acquisition.
- Obtained entitlements or permits from the City of Los Angeles, and Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo and Monterey Counties and many of their cities; U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, United States Fish and Wildlife Service, California Department of Fish and Game, and Regional Water Quality Control Boards.
Dennis has a B.A. degree in Business Administration from Colorado College and is a board member and secretary of Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation in Ventura and a board member for the Senior Canyon Mutual Water Company in Ojai.