Christie started her professional career with two years as a structural engineer at KPFF consulting engineers in Los Angeles, and spent five years as an owners’ representative. With more than 14 years of design and construction experience, Christie brings a wealth of knowledge to SLL’s clients’ projects.
- Has successfully lead the procurement of all Owner-Furnished Items sourced globally and manages the logistics of commodities to arrive onsite for construction to meet schedules.
- Manages the closeout process for punch lists and final change order negotiations.
- Develops project management and relocation management processes.
- Works within multi-million dollar project budgets for design-builds and renovation projects.
- Tiffany & Company flagship stores in Beverly Hills, Vancouver, British Columbia and Waikiki
- Porsche Cars North America
- British Consulate in Century City, CA
- Christie has a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, and a Masters of Engineering, Structural Engineering degree from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks.
- She is a licensed California Professional Engineer and California Real Estate Salesperson.
- Christie was selected for a 40 under 40 Inspiring & Innovative Professionals award in 2016 by the Pacific Coast Business Times.
S.L. Leonard & Associates are a critical member to our team. After our initial due diligence, we always engage Sean. His experience in dealing with third parties is incredible. I can’t see doing a project without him.
They are highly respected by all the other professionals in development, and are known for their professionalism and being very knowledgeable. SLL is made of construction managers, but they go way beyond what other firms do.
Our current project is complicated, preserving a 100-year-old wall in a historic overlay zone. The GC executive left three weeks into the job, and Christie kept everyone on target and focused. She sees the hill ahead and is looking two hills beyond that. Christie is great at budgeting and timeline management. She achieved price reductions I couldn’t have gotten.
Working with S.L. Leonard & Associates, we had the best possible outcome. Our project was finished ahead of schedule and under budget. We had the best team possible. Christie Rice and S.L. Leonard have the depth of technical knowledge, and I didn’t have to worry about anything. They guided my team through a difficult construction process and always kept us informed.
Working with Christie was a pleasure. She did a wonderful job communicating and made herself available anytime. She was very timely in responding to any requests. She also went above and beyond in dealing with a complicated process of providing documentation to four different lenders. I’m very grateful for that.