The $12 million expansion of the Museum of Ventura County includes special exhibitions for local artists, tours, art classes, concerts and lectures. The project also includes a new education center and event pavilion, as well as the expanded Berry Research Library. The museum hoped to double the number of visitors each year to more than 100,000 with the expansion.
- Performed all project management activities from start to completion of project, including project meetings, minutes, RFIs, submittals, change order requests, schedule and updates.
- Oversaw and approved value engineering exercise.
- Negotiated final contract agreement between general contractor and owner.
- Procured and coordinated owner consultants for soils inspection, deputy inspection, and Native American and archaeological monitoring.
- Performed constructability review, project financial reporting and monthly reports.
- Reported to museum director and board of directors.
Museum of Ventura County
A.C Martin & Associates and Houston/Tyner Architects
Total Project Size:
The team at SLL is professional, honest, hardworking, and extremely organized. SLL joined our effort after the architecture was complete and general construction contract negotiated budget negotiated. SLL provided invaluable service in finalizing the general contractor’s agreement and value engineering. Once construction began, SLL managed subcontracts, lien releases, invoicing, critical path management and weekly job site meetings. They have earned our confidence and have become integral to the success of our project. Knowing they are monitoring the construction allows us to focus on equally, if not more, important issues like fundraising.
The museum recently completed Phase I of an expansion project at a cost exceeding $3,000,000. Although we had worked closely with the contractor during the design phase of this project, we determined it was prudent to engage SLL to assist us in supervising the construction. Their mere presence improved the professional and efficient scheduling of the project overall.