The $12 million expansion of the Museum of Ventura County includes special exhibitions for local artists, tours, art classes, concerts and lectures. The project also includes a new education center and event pavilion, as well as the expanded Berry Research Library. The museum hoped to double the number of visitors each year to more than 100,000 with the expansion.
- Performed all project management activities from start to completion of project, including project meetings, minutes, RFIs, submittals, change order requests, schedule and updates.
- Oversaw and approved value engineering exercise.
- Negotiated final contract agreement between general contractor and owner.
- Procured and coordinated owner consultants for soils inspection, deputy inspection, and Native American and archaeological monitoring.
- Performed constructability review, project financial reporting and monthly reports.
- Reported to museum director and board of directors.
Museum of Ventura County
A.C Martin & Associates and Houston/Tyner Architects
Total Project Size: