Mike has 30 years’ experience managing projects in the private and public sector. He has worked as an Owner’s Representative, as well as for major General Contractors including his own construction company.
- Mike and Sean Leonard started their friendship in the late 1980’s when they both worked onsite for the General Contractor on Wilshire Courtyard, a million square foot class A office building with 950,000 square feet of subterranean parking.
- Mike has a solid technical background with construction technology and software, and experience with structural steel, structural concrete and wood frame buildings.
- He has residential, educational, commercial and healthcare experience as both an owner’s representative and general contractor.
- Working Artists Ventura, an 82-unit mixed use project on a podium with 69 affordable units and 13 for sale market rate units in Ventura.
- Charles Drew University of Medicine & Science, 63,000 square foot ground up Nursing School and Science Building in South Los Angeles.
- City of Hope Helford Replacement Hospital, $200million, 323,000 square feet, six-story new hospital building in Duarte.
- Olive Court, a new 58-unit affordable housing project in Long Beach.
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, 210,000 square feet, 210 seat planetarium and a domed theater.
- Mike has a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with emphasis on construction management and structures from the University of Southern California
- When S.L. Leonard & Associates was launched in 2004, Mike was the first project manager Sean Leonard invited to join the firm to manage a $200 million hospital project
SLL’s ability to provide me with information, guidance and details in a timely fashion was paramount in successfully integrating the end user into a complex web of construction.