Perla is experienced in project, cost and MEP management with multiple projects in public and private education, entertainment, commercial, retail, healthcare and manufacturing. As an outstanding senior project manager, she has contributed immensely to the development of several multi-million dollar projects, to include adaptive re-use construction systems and design-build concepts.
- Primary project manager for the Marciano Art Foundation adaptive re-use project in Los Angeles.
- Perla is a LEED Accredited Professional and is OSHA 30-hour Certified.
- Former National Trainer for SAP and Prolog.
- Expert in engineering practices and procedures, field operations, technology, and logistics.
- Construction Technologies Instructor at UCLA Extension
- California Community Foundation’s 55,000 sf headquarters and conference center building
- Redtail Crossing, 102 units of affordable housing, Net Zero Energy in Westchester
- Villa Esperanza campus expansion in Pasadena
- Multiple LAUSD and OSHPD projects
- Casa Pacifica Centers for Children and Families in Camarillo, CA
- Jordan Downs Plaza Regional Shopping Center
- Great Wolf Lodge in Garden Grove, CA
- Terranea Resort in Los Angeles
- Perla is a member of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Engineers for a Sustainable World, Social Economic Environmental Design and Cornell Society of Engineers.
- Board member for the Boys and Girls Club of Long Beach.
- Perla holds a B.S. degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering, and a Master of Engineering Management, from Cornell University. She teaches Construction Technology classes at UCLA Extension.
- Perla was a recipient of the 2017 Pacific Coast Business Times Latino Business awards, under the Construction & Commercial Real Estate category.
Working with Perla has been a life saver!
We’re a small biotech company and bought a building that required a significant amount of improvements. Most of the building was demolished except the unique triangular shape and its structure of steel and glass. No one in our team had enough knowledge in construction to manage such a big renovation project.
Perla managed the project from start to finish. She helped us select the general contractor and saved us a lot of money in doing so. She made sure all contracts were correct, was on the jobsite every week despite our San Diego location, and she handled all issues directly with the concerned parties. She also made sure all invoices/credits were accurate.
Perla’s knowledge of the construction industry is absolutely amazing. From AIA contracts to the smallest details of construction, Perla knew it all. Hiring S.L. Leonard & Associates was the best decision we made. Perla sheltered us from all the stress that comes with such a project. I would recommend the firm and particularly Perla to anyone who has a construction project but no experience.
Working with S. L. Leonard & Associates worked out extremely well and was a great investment. Sean helped us assemble the right team, which was key, because we had limited knowledge about vendors. He cut time and risk from the equation by bringing the right players together. He also coached us through the entitlement process and helped us pace the project because it was funded by a capital campaign.
Perla was fantastic, very knowledgeable all the way down to the details, and she was able to resolve any conflicts equitably. She and Sean were able to interpret technical and regulatory information into language that we could understand. She and Sean knew when to pressure vendors and our team to keep the project moving on time and on budget.