SLL provided training and consultation to this international luxury cruise line that refurbishes its ships every two and a half years. A team of contractors, designers, and staff had only 12 – 14 days to provide $25-30 million worth of work during its most recent dry dock period, and needed to act efficiently and effectively.
- Provided workshops on project management for corporate staff, ship’s crew, designers and engineers involved in the renovation.
- Reviewed and improved project oversight team structure, clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Improved communication and relationship between company oversight team, designers and contractors.
- Recommended implementation of tools to track items and improve accountability.
- Mentored multiple teams during dry dock period to recommend more efficient techniques.
- Reviewed design and construction contracts and planning schedules to maximize efficiency and coordination during future refurbishments.
Total Project Size: