Created to be a hub for local nonprofits and community leaders, the VCCF Nonprofit Center is located along the Highway 101 corridor in Camarillo. S.L. Leonard managed the design and construction of all tenant spaces including 15 nonprofit offices, a community room with a 175 person capacity, and all public spaces.
- Represented the landlord in selecting and managing the design, consulting and construction teams for the entire building.
- Managed budget and scheduling.
- Interfaced with multiple agencies and tenants.
- Liaison for client staff and board representatives.
- Coordinated tenant low voltage contractors and FF&E procurement and installation.
Ventura County Community Foundation
Mainstreet Architects and Planners
After 25 years in our prior location, we were moving into a brand new facility that required extensive tenant improvements. Sean made sure that timelines and budgets were kept, and that all commitments we got from the building owner, Sean’s client, were met. Throughout the process, everything went extremely smoothly, and when we did have a sound-proofing issue, Sean had a sound engineer come out, do some tests and then Sean came up with a cost efficient solution. He’s an excellent problem solver and very pleasant to work with.
I am profoundly grateful for your efforts, in particular for shepherding our VCCF Nonprofit Center from our original vision to the reality it is today, keeping all the balls in the air and helping us manage the construction, design and completion of this most significant asset for VCCF and the community. Your efforts made an impact, and helped us translate our work here at VCCF into something real and tangible.