A $57 million, state-of-the-art community designed for artists and creative businesses, WAV will offer affordable living and working space for more than 100 artists. The project will include an amphitheater and space for arts-friendly small businesses such as coffeehouses, galleries, cafes, wine bars and jazz clubs. The WAV project will include supportive housing and crucial services to those at the lowest end of the income scale. Market-rate condominiums with ocean views will help to subsidize the affordable housing. The entire community will be designed and built to the highest standards of green building technology as LEED certified.
- Oversaw qualifications and bidding of general contractors and negotiated agreements.
- Interfaced with city, state, and union officials.
- Procured services and negotiated agreements for civil engineering, dry utility consulting, archaeology and Native American consulting, deputy testing and inspection services, and OCIP quality control services.
- Reviewed monthly payment applications, scheduled updates and negotiated change order requests.
- Participated in public meetings, buyer meetings, LEED meetings and utility meetings.
Commercial & Residential
Projects Linking Art, Community & Environment (PLACE) and John Stewart Company
Santos Prescott Architects and Carde Ten Architects
Total Project Size: